Improves Design GD&T
EVOLVE Design addresses important aspects of GD&T for designers.
- Apply functionally and syntactically correct GD&T in a 3D model.
- Proofs your CAD model’s GD&T and provides helpful guidance
- Learn from context-sensitive explanations that refer to the specific part of the standards
- Communicate to downstream processes and eliminate waste and errors in transcriptions of GD&T.
EVOLVE Design is the first GD&T engine that helps you proof your CAD models’ GD&T using the same rules and application that been used by your Quality departments to inspect parts since 2007. Nearly eliminates interpretations errors and provides a consistent way to communicate your design’s intents for part tolerances.
- Computer-Aided Tolerance software
- EVOLVE Design is for design engineers or anyone working with 3D CAD models who need to learn and verify GD&T calls out.
- Helps proof the applied tolerances
- Creates a consistent way to communicate design intents of part tolerances
- Helps enforce consistency across design teams.
EVOLVE Design Key Features
Supported GD&T Standards
- Import CAD File
- Apply tolerances (import or directly)
- Proof project for GD&T consistences
- Generate and export PDF report or save as an EVOLVE SmartProfile Project file
- As a stand-alone software application, it can be used the same GD&T tolerancing tool even if you work with more than one CAD software environments at your company.
- A benefit of EVOLVE Design is it can be used by several designers as a shared proofing tool.
1. Import CAD and PMI
EVOLVE Design can import IGES, STEP, and QIF files and with optional CAD converters can import many more native files types. EVOLVE Design has two native ways of importing both the geometry and the semantics of a model.
- QIF – Quality Information Framework*
- EDP – EVOLVE Design file that is read by EVOLVE SmartProfile (GD&T Evaluation).
*A unified XML framework standard for computer-aided quality measurement systems enables the import of both CAD model and the PMI (product manufacturing Information) learn more.
2. Applying the Tolerances
If you imported the PMI with your CAD then you EVOLVE Design will automatically start proofing the model. If you were not able to import the GD&T then you can apply tolerances to EVOLVE Design which will provide warning and explanation of your entries.
EVOLVE Design checks the GD&T of a project according to the chosen standard.
As issues are found and categorized:
- Hints and Recommendations
- Standard violations
The observed issues can easily be corrected:
- Editing or deleting:
- Choose to ignore the message because of organization rules or practices
EVOLVE Design’s Explanatory system reacts to the state changes in the application and always shows relevant information about the current context.
EVOLVE Design has clickable links in the text that opens the relevant standard chapter of ASME and ISO (coming soon) standards
The dynamic content is based on the applied modifiers
- Material condition modifier
- Tangent plane
- Projected tolerance zone
- and more
3. Proofing GD&T
The ability to calculate the minimum and maximum distances between arbitrary nominal features.
The following parameters influence the results:
- Size tolerance of the selected source features
- GD&T tolerances on the source features
- Bonus tolerance
- MMB datums
Virtual and Resultant Conditions
Generate virtual parts to perform “what-if” analysis on a single part.
These feature parameters can be changed:
- Actual size
- Translation in chosen Coordinate System (CSYS)
- Orientation in chosen Coordinate System (CSYS)
- Form amplitude
Construct new features from existing CAD geometries.
Distances & Angles
Define plus-minus distance and angle tolerances.
- Distance and angle between two arbitrary features can be created
- The angle of the cone can be defined
4. Generates Report or Save to Project file
- Create custom graphical reports
- Save template
- Export PDF report
EVOLVE Design can export to EVOLVE SmartProfile Project files (.SPP) that can be used by EVOLVE SmartProfile for part evaluation.