Improves Design GD&T
EVOLVE Design is Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) tolerancing software which helps engineers apply correct GD&T (GPS) tolerances to their CAD models.
- Apply functionally and syntactically correct GD&T in a 3D model
- Proof your CAD model’s GD&T and get helpful guidance
- Learn from context-sensitive explanations that refer to the specific part of the standards
- Communicate to downstream processes and eliminate waste and errors in transcriptions of GD&T
EVOLVE Design proofs your GD&T (GPS) tolerances on the model. Highlights potential tolerancing problems and provides recommendations through its explanatory systems that show relevant guidance based on the GD&T standard chosen.
EVOLVE Design has Tolerance Stackup and Point Generator tools to provide a better understanding of the impact of chosen tolerances.
EVOLVE Design’s Key Features
Supported GD&T Standards
- Import CAD and PMI
- Define Tolerances (import or directly)
- Proof project for GD&T (GPS) consistency
- Generate and export PDF report or save your project
- As a stand-alone software application, it can be used as the same GD&T tolerancing tool even if you work with more than one CAD software environment at your company
- A benefit of EVOLVE Design is several designers can use it as a shared proofing tool
1. Import CAD and PMI
EVOLVE Design can import various CAD file formats such as STEP, IGES, DXF, or QIF.
CAD models with PMI information such as GD&T (datums and tolerances) can be imported from QIF (Quality Information Framework*) and STEP 242 files.
* A unified XML framework standard for computer-aided quality measurement systems enables the import of both CAD model and the PMI (Product Manufacturing Information) learn more.
2. Define Tolerances
EVOLVE Design allows you to define GD&T (GPS) tolerances according to the chosen standard (ASME Y14.5M – 1994, ASME Y14.5 – 2009, or ISO 1101).
EVOLVE Design’s Explanatory system reacts to the state changes in the application and always shows relevant information about the current context.
EVOLVE Design has clickable links in the text that open the relevant standard chapter of ASME and ISO (coming soon) standards. The dynamic content is based on the applied modifiers.
- Material condition modifier
- Tangent plane
- Projected tolerance zone
- and more
3. Proof GD&T (GPS)
A powerful GD&T (GPS) engine checks the whole model and provides visual notification of tolerance errors and warnings. The issues found are clearly explained and supported by links to the sections of the relevant standards.
Additional tools: Tolerance Stackup and Point Generator help with better understanding of the impact of chosen tolerances.
The ability to calculate the minimum and maximum distances between arbitrary nominal features.
The following parameters influence the results:
- Size tolerance of the selected source features
- GD&T tolerances on the source features
- Bonus tolerance
- MMB datums
- Virtual and Resultant Conditions
Generate virtual parts to perform “what-if” analysis on a single part.
These feature parameters can be changed:
- Actual size
- Translation in chosen Coordinate System (CSYS)
- Orientation in preferred Coordinate System (CSYS)
- Form amplitude
Construct new features from existing CAD geometries.
Distances & Angles
Define plus-minus distances and angle tolerances.
- Distance and angle between two arbitrary features can be created
- The angle of the cone can be defined
4. Generate Report or Save to Project file
After proofing issues are corrected, the changes to GD&T (GPS) can be saved as a report or a project for future reference and can be imported into other EVOLVE products.
- Create custom graphical reports
- Save template
- Export PDF report
EVOLVE Design can be export to EVOLVE Project files that can be used by EVOLVE SmartProfile for part evaluation.