Why EVOLVE Suite?
EVOLVE Suite optimizes the design process and integrates with production, enabling manufacturers to shorten product design & development time and normalize inspection.
Supports Model Base Definition
EVOLVE Suite products help Teams move information from the design to the rest of the team.
Shorten Development Time
Get parts tolerance right the first time is not easy: EVOLVE Design aid designers with applying GD&T tolerances.
Using the same interpretation and implementation of the GD&T standards eliminate transcription and interpretation errors throughout the process.
Implement as a complete solution for maximize improvement or by departments. Your choice.
Design, Build, Validate, and Communicated GD&T Tolerances
EVOLVE Suite is part of Model-Based Enterprise
Modern manufacturing enterprises are moving to Model Based Enterprise (MBE) as a strategy where an annotated digital three-dimensional (3D) model of a product serves as the Authoritative information source for all activities in the product’s lifecycle. EVOLVE Suite is built to address the needs of those companies that are facing the limits of today’s solutions.
MBE strategy has clear benefits for manufacturers including:
- Reduced time to market
- Savings in production costs; improved tool design and fabrication
- Fewer overall assembly hours
- Less rework
- Streamlines the process and better collaboration on engineering changes
There are two prerequisites to implementing MBE: The first is the creation of annotated 3D models, known as a Model-based definition (MBD). This requires the use of a CAD system capable of creating precise solid models, with the product and manufacturing information (PMI), a form of 3D annotation which may include dimensions, GD&T, notes, surface finish, and material specifications. The second prerequisite is transforming MBDs into a form where they can be used in downstream lifecycle activities.
Create PMI once, use often
The core MBE tenet is that models are used to drive all aspects of the product lifecycle and that data is created once and reused by all downstream data consumers. Data reusability requires computer interpretability, where an MBD can be processed directly by downstream applications, and associativity of PMI to specific model features within the MBD.
How KOTEM’s EVOLVE helps
EVOLVE Suite addresses the manufacturing world of global manufacturing sites and suppliers with much different manufacturing processes for the part, the need to clearly communicate not only the dimensions but to communicate the tolerances in terms that all the fabricators can understand is vital to have acceptable product profit margins.
An often-discussed concept is a digital thread in which all the information of design, production, and inspecting flowing throughout the organization but today the truth is that it is hard to get the information from the design to smoothly move throughout the process: this is where EVOLVE Suite can help you.
EVOLVE Suite is made up of several software products that can work as standalone or as a system-wide solution to address the GD&T needs of all users in the enterprise.
- One GD&T rules engine throughout all phases of the enterprise that assure consistent interpretation of the GD&T standards and eliminates the human error due to judgment.
- Aids designer in understanding and applying the correct GD&T by proofing the CAD model and providing an explanatory system that guides them and then shows the actual portion of the standard. Getting it right from the beginning.
- Validates with the same GD&T rules engine as the designer used thus eliminating transcription and interpretation errors and costs
- Integrating the EVOLVE SPC product provides manufacturing with the standard tools for managing their processes, with the power of visually seeing the model and statistics in context and a deeper understanding of product tolerances.