Why EVOLVE Suite?
KOTEM EVOLVE Suite optimizes the design, production and inspection processes enabling manufacturers to shorten product design & development time and normalize inspection.
- Supports Model Based Definition (MBD). Design information is shared effectively with the entire team.
- Shortens Development Time. Designers get GD&T tolerances correct the first time.
- Improves Quality. You get consistent interpretation and implementation of the GD&T standards throughout the Suite, eliminating transcription and interpretation errors.
- Provides Flexibility. Deploy enterprise-wide or by department, your choice.
Design, Build, Validate, and Communicate GD&T Tolerances
EVOLVE Suite is part of a Model-Based Enterprise
Advanced manufacturing companies are moving to Model Based Enterprise (MBE). With MBE, an annotated digital three-dimensional (3D) model of a product serves as the authoritative information source for all activities in the product’s lifecycle. EVOLVE Suite makes it easy for companies take advantage of the benefits of MBE.
MBE strategy has clear benefits for manufacturers including:
- Reduced time to market
- Savings in production costs; improved tool design and fabrication
- Fewer overall assembly hours
- Less rework and scrap
- A streamlined process and better communication of engineering changes
There are two prerequisites to implementing MBE: The first is the creation of annotated 3D models, known as a Model-based definition (MBD). This requires the use of a CAD files that incorporate the product and manufacturing information (PMI), a form of 3D annotation which may include dimensions, GD&T, notes, surface finish, and material specifications. The second prerequisite is transforming MBDs into a form where they can be used in downstream lifecycle activities.
Create PMI once, use often
The core tenet of MBE is that models are used to drive all aspects of the product lifecycle and that data is created once and reused in all downstream processes. Data reusability requires computer interpretability, where an MBD can be processed directly by downstream applications. And it requires associating PMI to specific model features within the MBD.
How KOTEM EVOLVE helps
The EVOLVE Suite enables clear communication of product or part dimensions AND tolerances. It enables fabricators to understand everything needed for quality production. And it protects profit margins.
Imagine a digital conduit in which design, production, and inspection information flows smoothly through an organization’s processes. EVOLVE Suite is the conduit that enables companies to achieve peak efficiency while maintaining top quality.
EVOLVE Suite is several software products that can work as standalone modules or as a system-wide solution to address the GD&T needs of all users in the enterprise.
- The Suite provides a common GD&T rules engine across the enterprise, assuring consistent interpretation of the GD&T standards and eliminating human error due to judgment.
- The Suite helps designers understand and apply the correct GD&T by proofing their CAD models. Its explanatory system guides the designer and shows the actual portion of the standard. Getting it right from the beginning provides a huge boost to efficiency.
- Integrating EVOLVE SPC lets manufacturers visualize the model and statistics in context, providing a deeper understanding of the impact of product tolerances.