SmartProfile® is used by manufacturing professionals all over the world to evaluate measurement data for geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing compliance.
SmartProfile takes point clouds from part measurements performed on any measurement system, merges the points with the nominal CAD model of the part, and automatically and simultaneously evaluates the GD&T. SmartProfile is fully compliant with each of the three user-selectable tolerance standards: ASME Y14.5-1994, ASME Y14.5-2009 or ISO 1101.
Easy-to-Use GD&T Evaluation
SmartProfile makes it easier than ever to set up projects and evaluate parts. There are just four steps:
|1. Import CAD Model||2. Apply Tolerances||3. Import Measured Points||4. Evaluate & Report|
SmartProfile supports most common CAD formats (such as IGES, STEP, VDA, and STL) and native CAD formats (using an optional module).
SmartProfile automatically brings in GD&T tolerances and product manufacturing information (PMI) in the ANSI accredited QIF format.
SmartProfile can use points collected on virtually any measurement system and automatically align them with the model. Built-in point filters and tools are available to accept and process millions of points.
SmartProfile allows constructions to create, measure and evaluate features and relationships.
SmartProfile handles all tolerance types. The software evaluates even the toughest computational challenges, including:
- Partially and fully constrained datum reference frames
- Composite and compound feature control frames
- Material condition modifiers: correctly simulated tolerance zone size and mobility
- Pattern datums and pattern features
- Freeform datums and features
- Simultaneous and separate requirements
- Axis and surface interpretation
SmartProfile produces both numerical results and easy-to-interpret visualizations and color maps. Evaluation reports may also be exported in multiple formats, like PDF, CSV, HTML, or plain text.
SmartProfile ensures true compliance to ASME Y14.5M-1994, ASME Y14.5-2009, and ISO 1101 standards. Complete and correct tolerance evaluation proves conformance even for the most complex parts. Additionally, users can choose to use the traditional least squares fitting to evaluate projects.
- SmartProfile eliminates the need for interpretation of GD&T standards, providing a correct solution even in the most difficult cases.
- The model-based interface naturally leads the workflow from importing data to generating the report.
- SmartProfile separates part measurement from its evaluation and frees up valuable hardware time.
- The built-in scripting wizard can be used to automate evaluation in the production line. Customized scripts using Python or C# are also supported.
What's New in SmartProfile 4
SmartProfile version 4 is the latest release from KOTEM.
- Shop Floor Manufacturing Assistant: visualize results and necessary corrective actions
- Point Filters for transformations and data reduction
- Feature control frame editor
- Coordinate System manager: create arbitrary Coordinate Systems
- Constructions: construct new features from existing CAD geometries, slots are now available too
- Datum targets: create cylindrical and width equalizing datum targets
- CAD replace: replace an outdated CAD model with a new one without creating a new project from scratch
- Explanatory system: displays quick tips and explanations on request and provides links to sections of the included ASME Y14.5 standards for further details
- SmartProfile 4 automates and seamlessly integrates data collection in QVI's Measure-X® and MeasureMind® Metrology Software with its analysis in SmartProfile
PDF (3.36 MB)
SmartProfile Computer Requirements
|CPU||Intel compatible 2GHz or better (Dual or Quad core recommended)|
Recommended: Full HD (1920 × 1080) or higher
Required: HD (1280 × 720)
32 bit: 1 GB minimum / 2 GB recommended
64 bit: 2 GB minimum / 4 GB recommended
|Free Disk Space||10 GB or more|
OpenGL 1.1 compliance is required
nVidia graphics cards are recommended
Not supported: onboard graphics chipsets, Intel graphics cards and standard VGA only graphics cards